Date May 8, 1952
TO ALL Dealers
1. Remove front and rear air cleaners.
2.Install linkage adjusting pin J-2544-1 through accelerator pedal link bell crank lever and into hole in cylinder block provided for adjustment purposes&
3. Connect tachometer to distributor but before warming up the engine remove the clevis pins from the yokes at the ends of both throttle shaft to carburetor rods. While holding the front carburetor fast idle cam in the "off" position, turn the throttle stop screw until it just touches the cam, Repeat with the rear carburetor.
Turn the idle mixture adjustment screws down until they are seated lightly and then back them out 2 turns. Warm up the engine and bring the engine idle to 500 rpm for Hydra-Matic transmissions, 550 for standard transmissions and 515 for overdrive by turning the two throttle stop screws in or out equal amounts.
Adjust the idle mixture adjustment screw an each carburetor to get the maximum (Note from Ken Cates : use of a UNISYNC multiple carb venturi vacume sensor will assure that once you have set the mixture screw on each carb to maximum and set a UNISYNC on the carburator throat, you will SEE the UNISYNC tell tale RED BALL indicator confirm your BEST idle mixture adjustment) increase in idling speed and if necessary. readjust the throttle stop screws to cut the idling speed down to the recommended rpm* When adjusting the idle speed always turn each throttle stop screw an equal amount,
4. Adjust front and rear throttle shaft to carburetor rod clevises so that clevis pins pass freely through clevis and cross shaft levers& Install clevis pins and clevis cotter pins. 5. On cars equipped with Hydra-Matic transmission., adjust throttle rod by disconnecting transmission throttle rod trunnion from accelerator pedal link bell crank. Push rearward on transmission throttle rod to hold transmission TVI. lever against stop in transmission and adjust throttle rod trunnion so pin of trunnion slips freely into bell crank. The throttle rod should then be shortened by 1/16" or 1 3/4 turns clockwise of the top trunnion jam nut Lock this adjustment by tightening the lower jam nut against the trunnion.
6. Remove the linkage adjusting pin J -2544-
7. Adjust the length of the accelerator pedal to bell crank rod to get 1/64" to 1/16" clearance between the pedal and the pedal stop at wide open throttle.
8. Reinstall air cleaners.
ROAD TEST THE CAR